Friday 18 July 2014

How can you find a good property deal in MK?

The subject of a lack of Milton Keynes property bargains over the last couple of years has always been near the top of most local landlord’s thoughts. I have built up an extensive database of property sales in the area since the late 1990s, so I am able to give an objective and unbiased opinion on what does (and what doesn't) make a good property deal/investment. Knowing what is currently happening and what has happened previously to the property market in Milton Keynes enables me to spot any trends or opportunities for buy to let landlords.
 
 
 
Here is one the bargains that I spotted last year. A three bed mid town house on Downdean in Eaglestone. It came on the market in the Spring of 2013 at £148,000 and sold in the Summer for £143,000. The owner gave the 947 sq ft house a lick of paint and some TLC (no more than a few hundred pounds looking at both sets of pictures), and it sold again 6 months later at Christmas for £156,000..... a 9% increase in value in 6 months (interestingly, the MK average over those same 6 months was only 2.4%).
 
 
Whether you are a landlord of ours or not, or someone thinking of investing in the rental market for the first time, pop into our offices for advice and opinion on where the bargains are in the area or follow our ‘Milton Keynes Property Blog’ which is updated daily. You see, as I don’t sell property, I can look at the whole of the market. Please email me on stephen.tunney@belvoirlettings.com or pop into my offices on London Road in Stony Stratford for my opinion on the Milton Keynes property market.

No comments:

Post a Comment